Have a Nook or a Kindle and can’t get the hang of downloading eBooks? The librarians at Tuckahoe Public Library will be holding one-on-one training sessions at 2:30 p.m. and 3:15 p.m. on Fridays in August.
And if you need help making friends with your computer, one-on-one computer classes will be held at 1 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. on the final three Fridays of August: Aug. 14, Aug. 21 and Aug. 28.
The library has a slate of other programs to fill the final weeks of summer, including:
- A memoir-writing workshop at noon on Aug. 2.
- The summer reading game grand finale at 6 p.m. on Aug. 6.
- A session on finding travel information online at 1 p.m. on Aug. 7.
- A potluck lunch that invites participants to share a book and bring a dish at 11:30 on Aug. 24.
- Two afternoon movies: “Tinker Tailor Solider Spy” at 12:30 p.m. on Aug. 15 and “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows” at 12:30 on Aug. 29.
Registration is required for all the programs by calling the library at 914-961-2121.