- Bronxville and Scarsdale - http://reviewpress.lohudblogs.com -
Bronxville School to open this weekend for warming, charging
Posted By Julie Moran Alterio On November 2, 2012 @ 4:43 pm In Bronxville | Comments Disabled
Bronxville Mayor Mary C. Marvin has an update for residents of the village:
The Bronxville School District has graciously offered their buildings to village residents without power to warm up and to charge laptops and cell phones.
The school will open this weekend to provide a place for the school community to gain some electric power. On Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and on Sunday from noon to 3 p.m., the cafeteria will be open so that Bronxville community members can come in and use power strips to charge cell phones or laptops. In addition, there is a wireless “hot spot” in the cafeteria that will allow about 15 to 20 laptops at a time to be used to help with important communications that a community member may need to do.
There will be some restrictions to make this effort successful for anyone who needs to utilize the system:
- Enter only through the Atrium entrance on Meadow Avenue
- Stay only in the cafeteria
- Be prepared to sign in with security at the door
- Bring your own laptop
- There will be power strips and outlets to power the cell phones
- Please restrict your time to 30 minutes or less. This will help us to accommodate as many people as possible. Depending on the response, there may be a wait time.
- Finally, this is not a place to “hang out.” To make this work, we will need everyone’s cooperation. In addition, because of the lack of heat due to loss of electrical power, the school will be open on Monday and the rest of the week from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to help anyone who needs a place to sit and get warm, particularly our senior citizens. Again, this will only work with the cooperation of everyone.
Village Hall will also be open as a warming station on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and from 9a.m. to noon on Sunday. Phones can be charged and you may use the village’s WiFi.
Lake Isle is also open as a warming center. It has cots, couches, showers and television. The Eastchester Library has extended hours: Friday until 7 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Phones and computers can be charged there as well.
The Bronxville Library currently has no power so it will remain closed.
The Board of Trustees will be meeting for an abbreviated special session at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 5.
Article printed from Bronxville and Scarsdale: http://reviewpress.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://reviewpress.lohudblogs.com/2012/11/02/bronxville-school-to-open-this-weekend-for-warming-charging/
Copyright © 2010 Bronxville, Scarsdale and surroundings. All rights reserved.