Major closures are coming to the Bronx River Parkway in both directions this weekend as work continues on the Crane Road bridge replacement project in Scarsdale. The parkway will be closed from the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. on July 12 and July 13. This new closure is on top of ongoing daytime closures on the northbound parkway in the same area.
The weekend closures include:
- All northbound Bronx River Parkway traffic in Yonkers will be detoured onto the Sprain Brook Parkway, then to Central Park Avenue to White Plains.
- Local traffic will have access to the northbound Bronx River Parkway at the following locations (between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Harney Road): Paxton Avenue, Elm Street, Scarsdale Road, Thompson Street and Leewood Drive.
- Local northbound parkway traffic will be detoured at Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue and East Parkway and re-entering the northbound parkway at Crane Road.
- Northbound parkway will be open to traffic at Crane Road and all points north.
- All southbound Bronx River Parkway traffic will be detoured at the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains onto Central Park Avenue south to the Sprain Brook Parkway.
- Entrances to southbound Bronx River Parkway at Main Street and Fenimore Road will be closed.
- Local traffic will have access to the southbound Bronx River Parkway at Ardsley Road and points south.
- Westbound Crane Road from Chase Road to East Parkway will be closed.
- Southbound East Parkway from Crane Road to Christie Place will be closed.
- There will be intermittent full stoppages on northbound east parkway from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. The northbound Crane Road entrance ramp to the parkway will also be closed during these stoppages.